God neutral, The 12 Steps "We revision"
- Drinking and drugs were bad for us.
- We could not do it alone - something about fellowship with other drunks and drug addicts helped us stay sober.
- Having all the answers was not a help--we had to learn to listen and follow directions.
- We had to stop blaming, rationalizing, excusing, and we had to take responsibility, as well as take a good look at ourselves.
- Our version of events was skewed, we needed to run it by someone a bit more objective.
- All of our lives we had been doing things that hurt us, sabotaged our best efforts, our self esteem was warped, twisted, and improperly inflated.
- We had to look at these things, stop doing them, and work on our selves.
- We had shame over how we hurt others - we had to address this in order to move on--we did this by owning our part in things.
- We had to make things right, mostly by living soberly, and by owning our responsibility to people we had hurt (appropriately, discretely, and not to those still raging and drinking).
- We had to learn to use the emergency brake, that means when we started to lie or get angry, we had to learn how to slow down - shutting our mouth was usually a good start.
- We came to understand that in the universe we are just specks and that life goes a whole lot better if we learn to act accordingly and when we forget this basic truth, we need to reflect about it until we remember.
- Whew! When we do these things we are better people, we are happier, we can actually like the person we have become - sometimes people come to us for help and sometimes we have things to say that help them.
Revised by CC Property of the universe.
Post a Comment
Please Try to keep comments relevant to the topic.
Spam, Divisive or confrontational comments are subject to removal.